Give us a bash
We need a systems administrator
Wurkhouse are looking for a talented, experienced and ambitious Systems Administrator to join our rapidly expanding creative agency in Derry.
We are looking for a talented, experienced and ambitious Systems Administrator to join our rapidly expanding creative agency in Derry.
With varied projects and ambitious delivery deadlines, we’re looking for the perfect candidate to work alongside our web team, supporting Developers and Project Managers to help deliver business-critical solutions for our national and international clients.
Our new Systems Administrator will provide support for both development and hosted client environments. In addition, you will help ensure the successful delivery of our client managed services. This will entail supporting, maintaining and monitoring hardware systems, applications, networks, and related databases.
To qualify you need:
- Min 5 yrs experience of Linux systems (Ubuntu, CentOS and RedHat)
- Knowledge of Windows/Mac/Linux as Client OS, webservers(Apache/Nginx/Tomcat), network protocols and routing, monitoring software (Nagios/Naemon/Munin)
- Experience with a scripting language (Bash, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python)
- Database administration skills (MySQL/MongoDB)
- Experience with support provision
- Continuous integration and deployment setup to support web and mobile app development with version control and deployment applications
We’ll think you’re even more fantastic if you have experience with:
- MSOffice 365 setup and management
- Cloud Hosting experience (AWS, Google Compute/Rackspace)
- DNS server experience
- Cache Server (Varnish/Nginx) experience
- Network and server infrastructure support and maintenance
- A self-motivated attitude, passion, innovation and inspiration.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Diligence and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Natural desire to keep up to date with the latest technological advances in security and software.
You will be able to…
- Manage multiple projects and tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and deliver under pressure.
- Work individually and as part of a team.
- Work under direction, take feedback and make amendments quickly.
- Deal with clients and external providers in a professional and responsive manner.
- Maintain existing infrastructure, ensuring SLA’s are met
- Offer client support (tickets/service requests)
- Offer internal Support (mentoring/email/passwords/managing accounts, etc.)
We aim to be the best at we do. We innovate on the cutting edge of digital transformation, to create tailor made solutions that can revolutionise our clients’ business. We create stunning brands and engaging visuals, to make our clients stand out and shine in a competitive market place. We anticipate the intent and behaviour of our customers to strategically grow their influence and increase sales.
Get in Touch
Because we aim to be the best at what we do, we want the best new talent on our team. If you think this is you and you’re keen to work for a fast-paced company that’s passionate, innovative and creative then apply now!
Application Closing Date:
23rd February 2018
Excellent package – depending on experience