We need a
Senior Digital UI/UX Designer
We’re looking for a talented, creative and curious UI/UX Designer to join the team and help expand our digital offering
Application Closing Date:
21st October 2022
£28,000 – £36,000 pa
Scroll or swipe? Does one click do the job or do three provide more comprehension? You have read at least 5 articles about these questions and obsess about the nitty gritty details far beyond the fold until they just click and make a valuable digital user experience.
The big picture is your foundational approach to each project you work on. Right from the beginning and throughout every project you keep an all-around view and keep in constant communication on strategy, business goals, user needs, psychology, design, functionality and technology.
You ask a lot of questions and gain a deep understanding of different audiences, different devices, different abilities and everything about their environment, daily life, habits, desires and pain points. Then you weigh it all up against analytic data, to connect user needs and business goals to an intuitive and slick-looking digital solution which makes the user’s life easier.
Your designs are trendy bursts of creativity tamed into highly functional layouts, as your basic coding knowledge directs design choices and their impact on project delivery and success. You’re just as responsive and adaptable as your web designs and shed no tear, when a cool design element has to be sacrificed for a better user experience or to meet a tight deadline.
You never stand still. Driven by an insatiable interest in creating ever better digital solutions, in even more efficient ways and with even better visuals, you stay on top of the latest talks & trends and are eager to try new processes to improve and grow your own superpowers as well as the team’s.
If this sounds like you, you might just be the perfect fit for our enthusiastic team always looking to push the boundaries in what we can achieve and make a real difference delivering compelling solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Web and other digital projects
- Work for a variety of clients and business areas, ranging from custom built small to big sites
- Scope, plan and manage digital projects, give timeframes and delegate tasks
- Collaborate with marketing team, other designers, developers, animators, clients and other external resources and stay in constant exchange
- Research and discovery
- Brainstorming ideas and creating mood boards
- Presenting concepts to the team and clients
- Sitemaps, content architecture, wireframes, user journey mapping
- Work with copywriters and SEO specialists to advise on content architecture
- Responsive design for multiple devices
- Creating the look & feel for innovative new websites and applications
- Setting up stylesheets and design styles
- Create high-fidelity layouts applying a consistent design throughout all pages
- Pixel-perfect for handover to developers
- Define all stages of interactive elements and micro-animations
- Developing quick MVPs and defining iterative development phases
- Reviewing and improving existing digital projects
- Improve processes and workflow and help shape development of future projects with new digital thinking
- Share knowledge across the team for best practices
- Meeting with clients to present and discuss project progress and requirements
- Using Project Management tools to track project progress and ensure that targets are met both in respect of time and quality
- At least 3 years commercial experience in either an agency or client side
- A admirable digital portfolio
- Advanced knowledge of Figma, plus Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing for responsive web and mobile apps
- Experience with ‘Component Based Design’
- Good understanding of UI and UX principles
- An understanding of the impact and complexity of design choices on production and their
viability for specific project, timeline and budget
- The ability and drive to work cross-teams to meet project goals
- Worked closely with developers on complex projects
- Excellent understanding of web and mobile standards,
- A Good knowledge of designing for accessibility
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong layout and typographic skills
- A great flair for trendy designs & adequate functionality
- Effective communication skills online as well as in person with team and clients
- Diligence and exceptional attention to detail
- An abundance of self-motivation and inspiration driving your own as well as the agencies progression
- A thirst for new trends, best practices and new technology to learn and develop new skills and processes
- A strong believe in ‘great teamwork achieves better results’
- A relentless curiosity to delve in and discover the most captivating solution for our clients
Nice to have too
- Experience with agile working methods
- Experience with usability Testing and user research
- Micro animations
- Flexible working hours possible
- Work in office or from home
- Culture/mind frame of “collaboration gets us above & beyond”
- Access to training opportunities
- Highly motived, energetic team, relaxed, fun atmosphere
- Projects with global reach across a variety of sectors
- Pension scheme
Be positive – We believe that with a positive attitude, anything is achievable. Enjoy and celebrate the good times. Be brave and learn from your mistakes. In life, a smile goes a long way.
Above and beyond – Our team makes all the difference. The little things matter, and we passionately go over and above for our team and clients. We are dependable, flexible, supportive and caring. Working together, and sharing ideas, experience and knowledge enables us to tackle any challenge.
Own your journey – Our belief in ourselves and our team to shape our path forward is unwavering. Lead by example and expect as much of yourself as you do of others. Be ambitious, driven and hungry to learn. Question things and look for opportunity in everything.
Why so serious? – We believe that being professional and having fun aren’t mutually exclusive. We encourage a little curiosity and mischief, and never take ourselves too seriously.
Next steps …