We need a
Frontend Web Designer/Developer
We need a technically creative developer to drive our digital projects forward, whilst crafting and innovating with the newest technologies.
First and foremost you’ll be a solid front-end developer in HTML and CSS, but also have a strong creative flair to bring digital designs to life. You’ll be a key part of a dynamic team who deliver a variety of web development projects, and will be hungry to learn and grow. Alongside your technical skills, you will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and be equally at home talking direct to clients as your own team. Besides front-end development, you will be deeply involved in the design process – offering feedback and input in meetings with project managers and designers when planning new projects.
What you’ll be doing…
- Designing & developing new digital projects.
- Maintaining and updating existing web applications.
- Help shape development of future projects and processes with new thinking.
- Education across the team for best practices.
- Meet with project teams to discuss progress and requirements.
- Using project management tools to track project progress and ensure that targets are met both in respect of time and quality.
- At least 3 years commercial experience in either an agency or client side.
- Advanced experience of HTML5 and SCSS/CSS.
- Advanced experience with WordPress CMS.
- Advanced knowledge of CSS frameworks eg. Tailwindcss, Foundation, Bootstrap etc.
- Familiarity with good code re-use practices: modular components, CSS specificity handling and naming conventions.
- Good understanding of Adobe XD (Adobe Suite) / Figma.
- Basic knowledge of version control eg. Git (Bitbucket or Github).
- Basic knowledge of using Command Line.
- Basic exposure to JS frameworks/libraries eg jQuery, Vue, React, Alpine.
- Basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Excellent understanding of web and mobile standards.
- Eagerness to learn, develop and grow.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
Things we value…
- Self-motivation with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ambition and pro-activity in learning new things.
- A love for finding solutions to problems.
- Energy, motivation and ability to work on your own initiative.
- A growth mindset.
- A blend of hard work and old-fashioned fun.
We’re a talented bunch of designers, developers, marketers and problem solvers, and our mission is to add value to whatever we tackle. Remote working and flexible hours are part of our process, and we offer competitive salaries, pension, staff perks, bonuses, learning/training, company get-togethers, etc. as standard.
If you think you’d slot right in to our creative hub of development and fun, get in contact and email your CV to [email protected].